Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/17/d375794721/htdocs/hg2e/inc/parser/handler.php on line 1458
ENVI-met 4. A holistic Microclimate Modelling System
Welcome to ENVI-met, the holistic microclimate modelling system.
ENVI-met 4 is the next generation of our high-resolution microclimate modelling system. After more than 6 years of development since the last release, ENVI-met 4 offers a huge set innovative and state-of-the-art approaches and new simulation modules to understand and quantify the interactions between your local environment and the outdoor microclimate. Read more...
ENVI-met is a three-dimensional microclimate model designed to simulate the surface-plant-air interactions in urban environment with a typical resolution down to 0.5 m in space and 1- 5 sec in time. Typical areas of application are Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Building Design or Environmental Planing, just to name a few.
ENVI-met is a prognostic model based on the fundamental laws of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics. The model includes the simulation of:
- Flow around and between buildings
- Exchange processes at the ground surface and at building walls
- Building physics
- Impact of vegetation of the local microclimate
- Pollutant dispersion
With ENVI-met, you will be able to simulate the urban microclimate as an interactive system consisting of dozens of dynamic subsystems ranging from atmospheric dynamics, over soil physics, vegetation response down to building indoor climate. All systems, from soil hydrology to building energy simulation are calculated in one big model e.g. an urban quarter, allowing them to interact and adopt like a real environmental system does. The ENVI-met system will provide high-resolution data for any of these components, being it one building out of 500 or one tree within 1.500 trees.
For a first look into the ENVI-met concept, jump to The ENVI-met model architecture.
Find below the main Download links to the ENVI-met System and related items.
- Download Page for ENVI-met V4 | Start here to get the latest release of the ENVI-met software system.
- Example Models and Model Data | Enter this page to find example ENVI-met models including all all required files to be run on yours system. Pre-calculated example data are also provided for some examples.
Basics & Overview
In this section you will find fundamentals about the concept, the architecture and the overall usage of the ENVI-met model system. Start here to gain a first overview over the system and its components.
- The ENVI-met model architecture | A general overview over the different modules and sub-models used within the ENVI-met model framework
- ENVI-met Applications homepage | Overview homepage of all applications belonging to the ENVI-met system.
ENVI-met Concepts, File & Format Reference
The Files Reference section provides you with detailed information about the file concepts and formats used in ENVI-met.
It also covers all aspects concerning database management and the Workspace and Project management in ENVI-met V4.
- EML File Format Description | A basic description of the new XML-base file format
- Output File Format EDX/EDT | Understanding ENVI-met's two fold data file system for model output files
- Using Workspaces & Projects | Organize your projects in logical places and workspaces to avoid conflicts between different simulations
- The ENVI-met Database System | Understand where everything has its place and where is a place for everything
- Input Files | Overview and description of the different input files used by ENVI-met in addition to the Database System
- Output files | Overview and reference over all output files generated by ENVI-met
This section provides you with more detailed information on how to use and run the ENVI-met System .
- Knowledge Base homepage | The ENVI-met Knowledge base is a collection of short articles and memos dealing with specific topics around the ENVI-met simulations. It is a good resource for troubleshooting but can also be read just to gain some more background information.
- FAQ | Frequently asked questions and their answers about the ENVI-met System
- Running ENVI-met | Learn more on how to run ENVI-met efficiently
Digital documents & Resources
In this section you will find a collection of different electronic resources. The ENVI-met eLibrary gives you access to the full database of different ENVI-met publications written by us. Under Evaluations & Reviews you find a moderated list of external papers and evaluations we find worth reading.
Moreover, this site allows you to collect individual pages and compile them into your individual eBook file ready to go.
- eLibrary | eLibrary is a searchable database covering all kinds of publications and technical papers around the ENVI-met model. It covers internal research papers, conference papers and posters and officially published articles.
- Evaluations & Reviews | The quality of the ENVI-met system is best evaluated and assessed by independent and/or well documented studies. Here is an overview of studies and projects dealing with ENVI-met
- OpenData Overview | Here we have compiled some general sources of OpenData provideres on the general level. Note, that most cities around the world do have their own openData portals.
- my eBook: Organize and print your personal eBook from this web page
Internet Links, External Work and other resources
In this section, you will find a collection of links with information, data and software projects we consider as useful for your work with ENVI-met. All content in this section links to external material (or mirrored material) written and produced by other people. We are not responsible for the content offered, but we have revied it when adding the links.
- General information | A collection of general links and information covering all topics for urban and landscape microclimate systems and building physis and simulation.
- Data & Values | Links to Internet resources providing input values useful for ENVI-met simulations
- Software Projects | A brave collection of other software projects dealing with the same aspects of microclimatology
Site Notice, Copyrights & Acknowledgements
- Acknowledgements | Many hands and heads have contributed to setup up this guide…